Thursday, July 10, 2008

Doing the Ironman

Our ward challenged us to do an Ironman consisting of 26.2 miles of run/walk, 112 miles of bicycling and 2.4 miles of swimming. We accepted the challenge and have completed all buy a little more biking which we are finishing this week. Enjoy our travels with us.



Dad had fun on the snow. Sorry this is sideways. It was my first attempt.



One of our favorite hikes was the Red Pine Trail. Lots and lots of waterfalls. Many times during the trail we could see the SLC valley in the distance. It had quite an elevation change which challenged us.



We've gone on lots of bike rides. One interesting ride was to Two Rivers Subdivision in Eagle. Lots of mansions and water features. We've biked all over the green belt and also from our house to Jackson Elementary where Paul will be working next year. It's an hour's ride one-way from our house. He's thinking about biking to work next year.

Photobucket

Photobucket



2 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

I am impressed you have a blog! Looks like you had a great time doing the ironman Great to see you at my moms last week

MaryAnn said...

You guys are inspiring! I feel like a wuss for not getting out to water aerobics like I keep saying I will.